Monday, February 06, 2006

Dancing For Mental Health album information

Will Powers - Dancing for Mental Health

Produced by Lynn Goldsmith
Mixed by Lynn Goldsmith and Todd Rundgren
Mastering at Sterling Sound, NYC
Recorded at: Compass Point, Nassau
Hammersmith, London
Media Sound, New York


AFFIRMATIONS: (quotes for packaging)
Miguel: Make it habit. Make it happen.
Bruce: Where there’s Will, there’s a way.
Ellen: The greater your problem, the greater your opportunity.
Sophie: Your problem is a gift to help you change.
Rosalita: Hableme el unico del mundo, digame: Como te hace ese sonido, tan glorioso, que aun hora con anticipacion de el, me ha reducio a un bestia, gruendo, entusiomandose y paliptando.
Donna: Act the way you want to feel. If you want to be happy, start now.

Special thanks to the Will Powers Supporters who all performed on this album or appeared in our videos: Sly Dunbar, Robbie Shakespeare, Ellen Nieves, Ellen Foley, Ellen Shipley, Warren Beatty, Glen Close, Ian Hunter, Alannah Currie, Bashiri Johnson, Mary Beth Hurt, Maria Vidal Fernandez, Meat Loaf, David Sanborn, Steve Stanley, Mark Hamill, John Shea, Michael Jackson.

11 Comments:

Anonymous neal said...

I've loved your album since it came out in '79. I was amazed at all the people listed on the inner sleeve of the the LP (much more than what is listed now). I've always wanted to see a breakdown of who plays and sings what on each song. Is that possible?

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Julia said...

I bought this LP at some used record , don't remember when, just because I loved the cover art and the title. I figured for $1.99, what could I lose? Little did I expect how much I would love the contents and how notable the musicians were! I play it for friends at every opportunity (no pun intended).

3:15 PM  
Blogger Dream Chimney said...

what about Robert Palmer ?

7:04 PM  
Anonymous clem said...

ME too
I have a debate with my record producer friend..
the kssing with confidence (spoken word ) IMO is a female voice , slightly slowed down.. He says it's a mans voice..please let me know i am right..cos he IS ALWAYS right.. he is the most intelligent person i have ever met..and i need to beat him JUST this once..;-)

12:27 PM  
Blogger friend electric said...

hi,
I own the vinyl version of this album, and I bought the cd version to get rid off the vinyl, but.. it doesn't work!!
You may ask what's the reason? I tell ya: the cd is unlistenable because it's mastered from vinyl and has a 50-Hz-hum all over! That's not what I expect from quality work.
thanks

5:48 AM  
Blogger Ricardo said...

I love this album so much. I feel cheated though. First, the album is not remastered but a copy from vinyl. Second, it would be great to have track information in a booklet with information about the singers and musicians.

I think the vocals on Smile are so fantastic and perfect. Listening to him sing makes me smile - always. Who is he? It would also be lovely to have an instrumental version of Smile as in Adventures in Success which by the way was a huge Garage classic. (the instrumental version) Also, I know the bag lady talking is part of the concept but it ruins a fantastic 80's song. Anyway I am happy to have whatever I can get from Will Powers.

12:56 PM  
Blogger hi mik1986 said...

Today, there are countless medications to treat depression, even the severe forms. But before starting any medicine one must consult a doctor and take his advice on the matter. If you feel that you have clinical depression symptoms, you should talk to your doctor about depression, anxiety medications that can lift the cloud and get you back to life. http://www.buy-xanax-online now.com
http://www.buy-xanax-online-now.com

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Irene said...

Many thanks for this post, I've searched for some info for years! Would love to know who sings and plays on each track and were Hunter & Ronson involved. I see Ian's name in Thanks credits but also heard that Mick was there too.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous diet pills said...

Healthy album for smart people.

3:17 AM  
Anonymous buy Kamagra said...

I’ll be back soon on your site again so please continue sharing your great tips.

3:32 AM  
Anonymous Pharmacy Wholesaler said...

Hello, This is very great thing you have shared with us.Now I found enough resources by your tips about this issue, Thank you

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home