Friday, December 30, 2011

Make Self-Discipline Fun

The word discipline feels to most of us to be negative. It conjures up thoughts of punishment, of struggle, of being kept from that which is enjoyable. I want you to think of it positively. It is the path by which we can become 'heroes' in our own lives. So, we need to revisit our approach to taking responsibility for what it is that will truly make us happy. When we are emotionally attached to an idea, it is difficult to see that negative and positive are states of being that exist because of each other. By viewing everything as ultimately positive, that it is all for your benefit, you give yourself the power to approach any situation with the kind of attitude that can get you to your goals.

Make yourself some simple rules that you feel strongly you can keep to. Keep giving yourself more rules. As you do this you will come to discover that through rules, boundaries, you can find your real freedom.
It's that time of year for resolutions - start now: Happy New Year

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Dear Will & your Good friend Lynn

I joined your 'Institute' but unfortunately have had to move house since.
I got some postcards from You and the fact that a Total Stranger had went to the bother to write - meant a lot !
I was genuinely in the midst of a Living Hell, Which was far too complex to detail here.
But your Records Really were a Boon to my Disco-very of the Inner Me.
There is a famous Book 'I'm OK, Your'e OK' that I'm sure has been help to Will.
I think He could Also write something like that
I'd be more than helpful to help if any is needed.
One of the the Last Cards was about a campaign to get Dancing For Mental Health Re-Issued on CD
I have since Disco-vered that this 'Dream' came true.
Unfortunately It does not have any of the B Side 'Dub' Version' apparently Beloved by Disc-Jockeys at the Local Danceteria's
I'd love to see a book of Will's but in the mean-time - Perhaps you could ask that little chap who makes Records if any of his Disc-Jockey Chums could have a go at 'Remixing' (I think the youngsters call it) some of your marvelous Self-Help Songs.
So that they could be re-released as bonus songs on a modernised & up-to-date copy of Dancing For Mental Health. = the album.
Wouldn't that be very nice = You could add some of these New Versions so's that you could eventually release a Double Album Version for other Disc-Jockeys round the World.
I'd love to have a 'Double-Pack' of each song that was originally put out.
I do beleive the time is right !
At the very least perhaps a Compact Disc of your Album = with some more versions of your self-help songs.
I'm a keen follower of Art & Design so any help in that department would be tremendously great for me.
Please feel free to contact me at
the following address....

professormouse@hotmail.com

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home